A few days ago I had some rude comments said to me. I will be honest... they really bugged me, and they made me feel down on myself. Until one night I was laying in bed and starting thinking "Why would I let someones stupid, selfish comments get me down! I have so much to be grateful for!" So as I lay there in bed I started thinking of everything I have to be grateful for in my life RIGHT NOW! Needless to say, I stayed awake thinking for at least another hour. Here is a few of the things on my list!
I am grateful for:
-A wonderful and loving husband. He works so hard for me and our future family each and every day! I know that he loves and adores me, and I the same for him!
-My dog Maddie! She is such an awesome dog, and there is nothing better then coming home each day to a dog who is thrilled beyond belief to see me! I honestly feel bad for people who don't have such an awesome dog! I'm obsessed! (Oh and she cuddles with me when Cole is gone!)
-My amazing family. I honestly have the best family in the world. We all get along and love to be together! They are my best friends! I love hanging out with them on the weekends! I remember when I was in junior high and high school and it was supposedly "uncool" to have to hang out with your family on the weekends! Now that is all I want to do! They truly are the best!
-My parents, who are the most kind and generous people I know. I don't know how I got so lucky to have parents who will do anything for me. I can't express how much they mean to me! They are such great examples to us in all forms of life!
-My job!!! I absolutely love going to work each day! I don't know many people who can say that. I love teaching my 5th graders and seeing them learn new things! Also they help keep me down to earth and I love that! My students make me laugh and smile everyday, which I LOVE!
-My beautiful house! I love coming home to a place of my own. I love that Cole and I worked so hard for our house! It is gratifying to see what hard work can get you! I also love to spend my weekend puttering around the house decorating or fixing things up!
-My church calling(ward choir director). Although it has caused me many stressful nights, I have learned to love it for many different reasons! One because I have been able to begin to learn a new skill. I have never lead a choir before in my life, so it was quite the shock to get this calling. I am so lucky though because my Mom, who is a music major, has been able to teach me so much! It has been so fun to be able to spend time with my Mom and have her help me and teach me a new skill.
-My in-laws! My mother and father in-law are amazing! They are the most kind people around and truly have the most genuine hearts! They are always asking how we are and if they can help us with anything. Also I respect the way that they have raised my husband! He comes from such an amazing family! But trust me, there is never a dull moment with the Robinson clan!
-Our friends! I love that we have friends that I know we will be friends with all our lives! It is so fun to hang out as a group or go on group dates with our married friends! I can't wait for all of our kids to be friends too! It is going to be so fun!
-Our cars! How nice it is to have two cars that are in good condition and fairly new. It is such a blessing to us, and one that we definitely do not take for granted!
-My Mothers health. This past year has been hard on my family and especially my Mom. I am so grateful for her faith and silent courage in fighting! I love her so much!
-The gospel! Period.
This is just a few of the things that came into my head that night! I have so much to be grateful for, I can't even believe it! Sometimes it is easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of life and forget about all the things we have and should be eternally grateful for! I encourage you to sit down and think of all of yours!
3 comments:
Jocelyn,
I loved reading this, you are such a sweet, beautiful person! It made me reflect on all of the many blessings that I have in my life, you being one of them! :)
JOCELYN!! Hey my darlin! I was so happy when i found your blog! It looks like everything is going great in your life. I love that you treat your dog like your child- Chris & I treat our dog Ruy like our kid too :) I am glad to see that we aren't the only ones.
Hey Jocelyn! I've been thinking about this post ever since you wrote it and I can't believe someone would say that to you! I don't know you very well but I do know that every time we've seen each other you've always been nice and everyone I've ever met has always said nice things about you and how awesome you are so I'm glad you didn't let those mean comments stick!
Post a Comment